Our association board Adolf (Adi) Buchner has left uns on the first of January 2021. All members will be informed about the future of the association. It will go on which was also the wish from Adi.
In collaboration with the French Forest Office, the three associations
- Les Amis de Vauquois et de sa région
- Comité franco-allemand – Souvenir et Sauvegarde de sites en Argonne
- Deutsches Erinnerungskomitee Argonnerwald 1914 – 1918 e.V.
have taken on the task of
- registering still existing remains of World War I in the Argonne Forest and at Vauquois with the intention of protecting them from destruction or restoring those witnesses of the pain and sacrifices of our ancestors,
- developing the dialog between the peoples and also their historical awareness, especially that of French and German adolescents, by providing them with a better understanding of the events of the Great War, thus enabling them to learn the appropriate lessons,
- supporting reconciliation, international attitudes, tolerance in all matters of culture and the idea of understanding between the peoples through common activities.
In order to achieve this aim, the following activities are performed by the members, school classes, groups of adolescents and members of the forces:
- research in archives, preparation and presentation of information, guided tours,
- on-site research, registering, selecting, restoring and preserving the remains of World War I.
Please support the work of these associations, either by acquiring membership or by making donations.